Did you know that according to the World Health Organization, 80% of visual impairment can be prevented or cured? Our digital imaging center is set up with the latest technology to help in prevention, diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of ocular conditions:
- Optical Path Difference Scanning System: Our machine allows us to take measurements of the curvature of the front surface of your eye. These help our doctors have a starting point for your high-definition prescription assessment.
- Topographer: Our machine allows us to develop a curvature map of the front surface of the eye that allow our doctors to fit contact lenses more effectively.
- Digital Camera: Using light we are able to take photographs of the back of your eye. This allows for better, more precise photo-documentation of your retina, blood vessels, optic nerve and macula, as well as allowing for closer monitoring of small changes that may occur over time.
- Optical Coherence Tomographer (OCT): This special camera uses light to provide in depth cross sections of the back of the eye. Specifically this helps with early detection of diseases that affect your central vision such as age-related macular degeneration and diabetes. Scans of the optic nerve allow for early detection of glaucoma and different systemic conditions that may cause swelling of the nerve. We are also able to take cross sections of the anterior portion of the eye to help with conditions that affect the cornea.
- Visual Field Testing: Allows for diagnosis and monitoring of diseases that affect the optic nerve, such as glaucoma, strokes or pituitary tumours.
Our doctors will let you know which imaging you require and will review and explain all of the imaging performed with you.
To book an appointment for your family today please call us at (416)237-0630 or please click below to book online: