Are you aware that the eye is the only place in the human body that we can look at your blood vessels directly? Did you know that conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis and even arthritis can affect your eyes?
Our ocular wellness examinations are conducted by a doctor of optometry and include the following elements:
- Case History: In this portion, one of our team members will be asking you multiple questions to assess if you are at risk of any specific ocular conditions based on your medical history, family history and any medications you may be taking. We also assess how you utilize your vision throughout your day to better personalize our recommendations to your specific needs.
- Vision Assessment: Our doctors will assess your level of vision and will provide a high-definition prescription assessment for both distance and reading vision.
- Binocular Vision Assessment: Our doctors will use a multitude of tests to assess if your eyes are working together as a team to provide you comfortable distance and reading vision.
- Intraocular Pressure Assessment: Our doctors will assess the intraocular pressure within the eye to rule out diseases such as glaucoma and inflammation of the anterior portion of the eye.
- Ocular Health Assessment: Our doctors will use drops to dilate your pupils and use a combination of traditional and advanced imaging technology to assess the current medical status of your eyes. They will be looking at any systemic, as well as ocular conditions, you may have that could be affecting your vision now or in the future.
Each test is chosen with your overall health and wellness in mind to ensure the best and most comfortable vision. After a full assessment, our doctors will make recommendations for any therapy or glasses needed based on your lifestyle, your medical history and most importantly your needs as well as educating you on how to preserve your vision into your elderly years.
To book an appointment for your family today please call us at (416)237-0630 or please click below to book online: